It’s that time again! Actually, it’s not, but you can smell it in the air: that smoky melange of burnout, hope and desperation that is National Novel Writing Month. Though I’m probably not participating this year, here are some links from last year to help you gird up for your journey through jacked-up word counts and mutual despair!
- For preparation and planning ahead, try out The Hailstorm Approach, your guide to prepping in seven days or less.
- Learn from my mistakes, because I’m sure not going to: Seven things I learned from National Novel Writing Month
- Before you get demoralized, read this! Then get demoralized. 13 Ugly Truths About Nanowrimo
- If there’s a better role model for anything than Jack Burton, I don’t know who he is. Winning Nanowrimo the Jack Burton Way
- Didn’t finish this year? Didn’t finish last year? Read this. Should you feel bad about not finishing Nanowrimo?
- Here’s my guest post on WrimosFTW about writing 10K in a day. Now kind of old hat!
- Tracy McCusker talks about setting goals and what to do when you’ve bit too much off.
- When things get really bad, here’s a bit on writing through the wolf’s hour.
Wallpapers for 2013 won’t be done for a while, but come on, man, it’s September.
I’ll continue to post updates up through November. Are you ready for some football?!